Please support Astrolore on Patreon. For $5/per month, you will receive all posts and videos from Astrolore and AstroPath.
I assumed that if I got Covid it would be a minor case. It even started out that way. It seems to have gotten worse rather than better day by day. I am still deep in the weeds of this disturbing illness. I have finally stopped testing as it is so discouraging to see it come back positive day after day. I guess I’ll wait until some future day when I wake feeling great, then perhaps the test will finally be negative.
My sister Gail went back to Utah on Wednesday. I miss having her company but the quiet of my apartment is a comfort. Yesterday my boyfriend (a strange term to use at my advanced age) Dave came and dropped off groceries and sat in the sunshine with me for a bit. It was good to see him and hard to see him go.
Once again, this week’s blog is going to be quick and easy, down and dirty. The planets continue to move through their cycles as our lives turn through their phases. Thank you all for being here.
CARE FOR OTHERS
Monday, September 5, 2022
Our mood and emotional states are impacted by the travels of the Moon day to day, week to week, and month to month. With the Sun currently in Virgo, today’s Capricorn Moon suggests our state of seriousness. We do our best if we focus on ambition and practical endeavors.
This is not a day to be frivolous or even lighthearted. This is a day to take action in growing the feasible future we know is right for us. Work on your own for your own ambition. The Mountain Goat watches its own steady progress, it is not your job to watch the progress of others today.
On August 11th Venus entered Leo, today is the first day she is in Virgo. Venus is the planet that represents how we connect with others and what we personally value. While in Leo we looked for beauty and connection in bright dramatic gestures and big expressions of love. Now that Venus is in Virgo, we are more apt to connect over a shared practical task. You may value your ability to help others in a practical manner of service.
Look around you. There is so much need in the world. Ask yourself what you can do to help. Any self-criticism or judgment of others will be relieved by the act of caring and serving others. Venus will remain in Virgo until September 29th.
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
As the Moon passes through Capricorn it supports the seriousness and practicality of the Virgo Sun.
Depending on your personal nature this can leave you feeling one of two ways. You may revel in sober pragmatic activities or you may find yourself feeling depressed and restricted. Either way, you will do your best to spend time working alone on your own projects without outside input.
Keep in mind that the solitary Mountain Goat climbs alone. The most important thing is to make sure you are upholding your own personal integrity. This is not a time to please or seek the approval of others. You know what to do and you do it!
At 5:42 PM ET, the Moon joins Pluto at 26 degrees Capricorn. Do not be surprised by power dynamics or conflicts between yourself and others. Give each other lots of space and no expectations. The problem will pass if you are able to let it slide off your back.
At 11:41 PM ET the Moon enters Aquarius bringing an intellectual focus to the next few days.
MOVE AWAY FROM STUBBORN SELF-IMPORTANCE
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
The Moon heaves a sigh of relief as she passes her difficult monthly encounter with Pluto. She is now in the Fixed Air sign of Aquarius, where she is able to filter her emotions through the intellect. Your mood is informed by ideas, thoughts, and wild concepts.
Because Aquarius, like Capricorn, is ruled by Saturn, your thinking may be stubborn and stuck in its own self-importance. Expand your thinking by engaging in humanitarian-based discussions with friends and cohorts.
At 1:47 PM ET, the Moon forms a happy trine aspect to Mercury. Look for opportunities to express your most unique and individual ideas.
When the Moon is in Aquarius we have the gift of distance from our emotions. We won’t get swallowed up with moodiness or allow the emotions of others to control our actions. We have enough distance from our emotions to see what is truly important.
VISION AND INNOVATION
Thursday, September 8, 2022
The Moon is in the cool friendly sign of Aquarius today. Engage with folks who open your thinking to new intellectual ideas and perspectives. Aquarius is the sign of the visionary and the reformer. Think and talk about issues pertaining to humanity as a whole. Consider how to contribute to a vision of a better world for all life on planet earth.
Look for new ideas and things that fascinate you. Follow the breadcrumbs they provide. Open your mind beyond the filters that contain your usual manner of thinking. Your emotional reactions are not apt to be emotional at all but rather intellectually based. Things that you would usually take personally will roll off your back today.
Turn your attention to the future and how to follow a unique and unusual path forward. Group projects and social engagements are highlighted. Look for ways to innovate systems that seem tired and stale.
When the Moon squares Uranus and conjuncts Saturn this morning your attention is pulled to the social challenges of our times. Pay attention.
PREPARE FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD – MERCURY RETROGRADE
Friday, September 9, 2022
The Moon is in Pisces by the time you start the day. There is nothing you’d like more than to pull the covers over your head and stay with your lovely dreams. When the Moon is in Pisces we need more rest than normal and feel more sensitive and compassionate toward others.
At 11:37 PM ET, Mercury stations retrograde. You have probably noticed the symptoms of its slowing down over the past few days. Mercury retrograde is one of those things that you hear about from your friends and in social media memes. Pop astrology loves to use Mercury retrograde as a scapegoat for all kinds of problems, glitches, difficulties, and delays. It is true that those difficulties are often a part of Mercury’s retrograde cycle but they are not inevitable. As you learn to work with these cycles you will find that the gift of accomplishment can just as well be a result of this time.
When a planet is retrograde it does not mean that the planet reverses its direction. It means that from our perspective on earth, it looks as if the planet is moving backward. It is a matter of perspective, not actuality. When a planet looks to be moving in reverse our experience of the things the planet represents behaves differently than normal.
Mercury represents thinking, communicating, timing, schedules, and projects. When Mercury is retrograde communications may go wonky, you may be misunderstood, and there may be delays and setbacks in projects. If you anticipate and prepare for these issues you can gain great value from the time of Mercury’s retrograde.
Mercury retrograde offers time to catch up on all kinds of things that have been left incomplete since the last Mercury Retrograde (May 10 – June 3, 2022). This is a powerful opportunity to slow down, review, recheck, reassess, and revisit what can now be completed.
This retrograde begins in the house of your chart that holds Libra and moves back into Virgo on September 25th. Look to those two houses in your chart (Libra & Virgo) to understand where this reassessment of projects and plans will occur for you.
Working with mercury retrograde is rather simple. If possible, service your car and computer ahead of the retrograde. Sit down and make an extensive list of everything you have started and have not completed since last June This is a powerful time to get things done. Focus on checking things off this list! This is not the time to start new projects or communications, but to clean up what is undone from the past. While Mercury is retrograde you may find that your intuition functions more than your intellect.
Mercury retrograde is a good time to:
- Learn patience, flexibility, and adaptability
- Communicate clearly
- Make sure what you have said understood
- Be hyper-aware of your own schedule and be patient with others
- Prepare for delays
- Pay close attention to details
- Slow down
- Be realistic with all timelines
- Take some time off from social media (listen to music instead)
- Seek simplicity
Mercury retrograde is a common phenomenon that occurs 3 times per year. The first Mercury retrograde of 2022 began on January 14 and ended on February 4th. The second one began on May 10th and continued until June 3rd. This final Mercury retrograde of 2022 occurs from September 9th until October 2nd.
Never underestimate the gift of completion that Mercury retrograde offers. By focusing on completing the projects and tasks left behind since the last Mercury retrograde you will accomplish a great deal.
PISCES FULL MOON – DREAM A LITTLE DREAM
Saturday, September 10, 2022
Today’s Full Moon occurs at 17 degrees of Pisces and is exact at 5:58 AM ET. As always, adjust for your time zone.
The Full Moon brings us to a time of illumination, a time of celebration as we reach the pinnacle of an effort or endeavor that began six months ago and one that began two weeks ago. Consider the Full Moon as these two cycles. In the monthly lunar cycle this is the illumination of what began two weeks ago at the Virgo New Moon on August 27th, for the larger cycle consider this the point of awareness from the Pisces New Moon on March 2, 2022.
In reading these bits of information, read for your Rising Sign and your Sun Sign.
- If you have Aries Rising this Full Moon in your 12th House, highlights the polarity of your 6th and 12th. Setting boundaries to safeguard your health and self-care practices will support the development of deeply hidden intuitive gifts.
- If you have Taurus Rising this Full Moon falls in your 11th House, highlighting the polarity between your 5th and 11th. Pay attention to how the practical ways in which you show love to others inform the deeply sensitive or spiritual community that supports you.
- If you have Gemini Rising this Full Moon falls in your 10th House, highlighting the polarity of your 4th and 10th. Watch for how the importance of creating a neat and tidy home illuminates your ability to bring mystical imagination to your career or other ways that you engage with the outer world.
- If you have Cancer Rising this Full Moon falls in your 9th House, highlighting the polarity of your 3rd and 9th houses. Notice that the efficiency and care of your communications awaken your desire to understand the world from an enlightened but possibly unrealistic perspective.
- If you have Leo Rising this Full Moon falls in your 8th House, highlighting the polarity of your 2nd and 8th houses. Pay attention to how your personal values of competence and practicality help you understand the passive and possibly impractical values and beliefs of others.
- If you have Virgo Rising this Full Moon falls in your 7th House, highlighting the polarity of your 1st and 7th. Notice how your personal, practical, and helpful service allows others to show you their deepest vulnerability.
- If you have Libra Rising this Full Moon falls in your 6th House, highlighting the polarity of your 12th and 6th. Notice how your practical understanding of your most hidden nature shines a light on your need to develop routines and self-care practices to support both physical and mental health.
- If you have Scorpio Rising this Full Moon falls in your 5th House, highlighting the polarity between the 11th and 5th. Watch how your ability to be of common service to those you love informs and supports your creation of a spiritual community or finding a mystical path on which to receive love.
- If you have Sagittarius Rising this Full Moon falls in your 4th House, highlighting the polarity of your 10th and 4th houses. Consider how your practical career choices support your ability to bring compassion and sensitivity to your home and family.
- If you have Capricorn Rising this Full Moon falls in your 3rd House, highlighting the polarity of your 9th and 3rd houses. Notice how a sensible commonsense worldview informs your ability to communicate esoteric ideas with sensitive compassion.
- If you have Aquarius Rising this Full Moon falls in your 2nd House, highlighting the polarity of your 8th and 2nd houses. Consider how your down-to-earth ability to navigate other people’s values allows you to be more self-accepting and sensitive to your own very different personal convictions.
- If you have Pisces Rising this Full Moon falls in your 1st House, highlighting the polarity of your 7th and 1st. Pay attention to how being sensible and pragmatic in your intimate relationships allows you to welcome your dreamy, yielding self-expression.
Sunday, September 11, 2022
The weekend takes a rather dramatic turn as the Moon releases the sensitivity of Pisces and enters Aries at 2:47 AM ET.
When the Moon is in Aries our reactions are quick and we may act without forethought. We also have less patience than usual, realizing that there may be wisdom in taking a risk and acting quickly. Direct force and vitality push us forward. You may also find that you are reluctant to cooperate with others and have less regard for the opinion of others. Doing your own thing, on your own is the best way to get anything done today.
At 9:08 AM ET, the Sun forms a delightful trine aspect to Uranus the planet of upheaval and excitement. The Sun’s impact as a transiting planet is relatively brief. You can expect the influence to last for approximately 24 – 48 hours.
This is a fun and exciting transit that may leave you looking for adventures, and ready to take risks. Your intuition may be highlighted as you receive unexpected insights and understandings. Pay attention. This is a great day for creativity and quirky self-expression.