The Moon sets the emotional tone as she moves through the Zodiac.
It takes approximately 28 days to traverse the entire Zodiac. Learning to work with this rhythm will help you align with and relax into an easier flow with the Universe. The luminous Moon spends approximately 2 ½ days in each sign before she moves on to the next.
The week begins with the Moon in stable slow-moving Taurus. When the Moon is in Taurus notice how your mind calms in response to your body. Work in your garden, give or receive a massage, prepare food, or work on an art project. These activities will calm the stress inherent on Monday as the Taurus Moon encounters difficult conversations with Uranus and Saturn.
We are in the darkest phase of the Moon on Tuesday and Wednesday. At 2:48 PM EDT on Tuesday the Moon enters Gemini where she remains until Friday morning. At 6:53 AM EDT on Thursday she joins with the Sun for the Gemini New Moon Solar eclipse. This powerful eclipse draws your attention to something that needs to be released in order to begin this new cycle. Look to the house that holds Gemini in your chart to understand what area of life calls for this new seed of growth to be planted.
At 3:23 AM EDT on Friday the Moon enters Cancer. Being on the other side of the New Moon now is the time to begin a growth phase. With the Moon in Cancer, your attention turns toward love, comfort, and family. Friday and Saturday are great days to connect deeply with family. By Sunday morning with the Moon opposing Pluto you may want to pull inward and spend time alone.
At 2:23 PM EDT on Sunday the Moon enters Leo. You may want to get amongst friends to show a more expressive playful side of yourself. Spend time with folks who make you want to dance and sing.
Help keep this newsletter consistent and free by supporting Astrolore on Patreon. As a Parton, you will receive monthly videos of Jennie and Laurie discussing each New and Full Moon, along with explorations of famous people’s charts (Astro-biographies) and an exclusive Patreon only video where I discuss the monthly cycles and how they impact your personal chart/life.
SOOTH YOUR BODY, RELIEVE STRESS – Monday, June 7, 2021
The week begins with the Moon in stable slow-moving Taurus. When the Moon is in Taurus notice how your mind calms in response to how your body feels. Take good care of your body today. Work in your garden, give or receive a massage, prepare food, or work on an art project. These types of activities will help to calm the stress that today brings.
In the very early hours of the day, the Taurus Moon engages in rather difficult conversations with both Uranus and Saturn. This activates the stress between these two slow-moving planets that reflects a major difficulty of 2021. The square aspect between Saturn and Uranus suggests anxiety and difficulties regarding social and cultural structures.
These social issues are often highlighted when the Moon activates their positions as it does today. Sooth your body to manage anxiety.
THE DARK OF THE MOON – Tuesday, June 8, 2021
In the days before a New Moon, it is beneficial to spend time alone in contemplation. This is the darkest phase of the Moon and a good time to seek inner guidance that resonates with the deep silence of your heart. Find the inner voice that only you can hear. The New Moon will be with us on Thursday morning.
From the time you begin the day until mid-afternoon, the Moon continues through stable sensual Taurus. Yesterday’s difficult aspects are behind us allowing more stability and pleasure today.
At 2:48 PM the Moon leaves Taurus behind and enters Gemini the sign of curiosity and conversations. If there is information that you need before tomorrow’s New Moon be on the lookout for it this afternoon. It is easier to intellectually engage with others when the Moon is in Gemini. We all find that we want to talk, to share stories and information. Because we are in the Dark of the Moon, keep only your closest friends near for these conversations.
_The Taurus Moon is void of course from 11:07 AM EDT until she enters Gemini at 2:48 PM EDT. This suggests that what occurs during this time will not have much impact._
LISTEN AND SHARE – Wednesday, June 9, 2021
The Moon continues through Gemini today. You may feel drawn to engage your curiosity in easy-going conversations with others. What is the information that you are seeking? Whatever information you find will support your work with the New Moon Solar Eclipse tomorrow. Remember that eclipses are turning points when something is released in order to grasp hold of and begin something new. Knowing the house in your chart where tomorrow’s Gemini New Moon falls will help you clarify what you are releasing and what you are preparing to begin.
Today is a quiet day in the Dark of the Moon, but still, you will want to talk with others. Gather support for the changes in your life as you support the changes in theirs. Even with challenges that may be quite heavy, laugh together today. Mental stimulation and easy engagement help the most right now.
You can learn and teach important lessons through simple stories. This is a great day to listen to the stories of others and tell your own. Consider all that you are learning.
GEMINI NEW MOON, SOLAR ECLIPSE – Thursday, June 10, 2021
Today’s Gemini New Moon follows the Solar Eclipse which is exact at 6:42 AM EDT. A Solar Eclipse always occurs at a New Moon. Eclipses are considered to be dramatic “wild cards” indicating times when our feet find their way to new pathways. We may find ourselves moving in a direction we didn’t expect with companions that surprise us. Eclipses can uproot what we thought was firmly planted and may shake the ground we stand on. They want us to change, they want us to turn in a new direction.
Because this Eclipse is in Gemini brace yourself for the impact to fall in the area of your social connections. Look for new friendships or a major shakeup in your current social circle. The manner in which you typically connect with others may be upended. There is no way to know if this will be a welcome change or one that is undesirable.
Gemini is a very flexible sign. Your best bet is to trust that you are in the right place at the right time and the change implicated will set the right course for your feet to follow.
At 9:12 PM the Sun conjuncts retrograde Mercury. This is called the inferior conjunction and occurs mid-way through Mercury’s retrograde phase. This is likely to be a busy time with lots of social activities, conversations, and personal interactions. Pay close attention to those folks that you engage with. People who come into your life at this time may play an outsized role in your life in the weeks and months ahead.
_The Gemini Moon is void of course from 1:38 PM EDT until she enters Cancer very early on Friday morning. This suggests that what occurs during this time will not have much impact._
Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse
This New Moon is exact at 19 degrees Gemini at 6: 53 a.m. EDT on Thursday, June 10th. As you consider the seed of new growth to plant at this New Moon, find the house that holds Gemini in your horoscope. Gemini is the Mutable Air sign bringing to attention the need to gather information in order to be informed and communicate effectively. Keep in mind that with Mercury currently retrograde you may need to wait before implementing the plan. Plant the seed, full action must wait.
- If you have Aries Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 3rd House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of communications that may or may not involve your siblings. Begin the outline of a book you want to write or an uncomplicated and lively conversation with your siblings.
- If you have Taurus Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 2nd House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of personal values, finances, and resources. Open a new savings account, contact a financial advisor, make a preliminary plan for future spending.
- If you have Gemini Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 1st House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of your personality and how others see you. Consider a new hair color/style or wardrobe that better expresses who you are as summer begins.
- If you have Cancer Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 12th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of what resides in your unconscious. Begin a dream journal or start exploring a symbolic language such as astrology or tarot.
- If you have Leo Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 11th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of a new community that will support the future you desire. Invite like-minded folks to begin a discussion leading to the creation of a community endeavor.
- If you have Virgo Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 10th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of your career and how you are socially recognized. Begin updating your resume or contemplating your retirement.
- If you have Libra Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 9th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of your worldview and understanding of culture and society. Begin a new study or make an appointment with your astrologer.
- If you have Scorpio Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 8th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of other people’s values. Have a rather lighthearted conversation about deep issues. Find out someone else’s thoughts on sex, death, or money.
- If you have Sagittarius Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 7th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of partnerships and public relationships. Engage in fun lighthearted conversations with your partner and closest confidants.
- If you have Capricorn Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 6th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of your personal routines. Consider a new exercise, dietary, or spiritual routine. Start a daily writing practice.
- If you have Aquarius Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 5th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of creativity and how you give love. Begin a new creative project, buy art supplies for your children or grandchildren. Learn to Play.
- If you have Pisces Rising Thursday’s Gemini New Moon, Solar Eclipse falls in your 4th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the enthusiastic, curious exploration of your home and family. Consider an upcoming change in where you live or how you engage and communicate with family members.
MARS ENTERS LEO: EXPRESS GENEROSITY AND PASSION – Friday, June 11, 2021
By the time you begin the day the Moon is in Cancer. After the socializing of the past few days, it is time to close the door and hunker down. Find comfort with your family and closest loved ones.
The Cancer Moon asks you to stay close to home and focus on domestic issues, however, there is a stronger pull adding its weight to the day and the days ahead.
At 9:33 AM EDT Mars, the planet of action and assertiveness enters Leo where he will be playing a most dramatic tune until July 29th.
When Mars enters fiery colorful Leo it is as though the heat is turned up on all acts of self-expression and fun. While Mars is in Leo we don’t want to sit on the sidelines and watch as others play. We want to dive into the middle of the action and express ourselves in big ways. We push forward in positive ways and make time for fun, excitement, passion, social activities, and play.
Leo rules the heart and is ruled by the Sun. You may find your heart expand with generosity. Express yourself fully and enthusiastically without hesitation or regret.
_The Gemini Moon is void of course until she enters Cancer at 3:23 AM EDT. This suggests that what occurs during this time will not have much impact._
COMPASSION, COMFORT, AND A DEEP HUG – Saturday, June 12, 2021
Spend the day with your family. Do what you can to create security and safety for those you love. For many folks, the biological family is not a place of comfort or safety. If that is the case I hope you have managed to create a family of your choosing.
You may feel nostalgic and long for some feeling from the past. Your emotions are heightened with memories and thoughts of the past close at hand. Find a place where you feel safe and most at home. Your emotions are close to the surface and you may feel more vulnerable and thin-skinned than usual.
Those around you may be overly sensitive and moody. Join them in a few tears of compassion and a deep hug. Serve yourself and your loved ones a very large piece of chocolate cake. This is a great time to indulge in whatever comfort foods soothe your soul.
ENJOY UNCONVENTIONAL CONNECTIONS WITH OTHERS AND WATCH YOUR BOUNDARIES – Sunday, June 13, 2021
The tender Moon in Cancer is overshadowed by Venus sextile Uranus in the early hours of the morning. You will feel the impact of this transit for several days. You may meet someone who surprises you with kindness, support, and interesting interests. You may find yourself experimenting with your personal presentation. You may want to be seen in an unconventional manner. Find the most unusual items in your closet and head out the door with a new sense of style. Social connections will be unusual and pleasant. You may have fun choosing a new social activity, something you have never tried. Spice things up socially and romantically in a way that will surprise everyone involved.
At 2:23 PM EDT, the Moon leaves sensitive Cancer behind to join Mars in Leo. This is a great afternoon/ evening for a fun outdoor gathering to celebrate summer! When the Moon is in Leo we all want to show our expressive colorful selves.
At 7:39 PM EDT the Sun forms a challenging square aspect to Neptune the planet of mystical transcendence and compassion. This transit can leave you feeling a bit unfocused and prone to dreamy impracticality. The line between fantasy and reality may not be clear. Be aware that boundaries between yourself and others may feel quite porous over the next day or two. Be aware of the tendency to overindulge in drink or other substances. Watch those tendencies and manage your personal boundaries and this can be a time of sweet connections.
_The Cancer Moon is void of course from 7:17 AM EDT until she enters Leo at 2:23 PM EDT. This suggests that what occurs during this time will not have much impact._
In these weekly reports, I explore the major aspects formed by transit between the planets. I do not consider every aspect that the Moon makes each day as they can be numerous and give rise to fleeting moods. The aspects under consideration: conjunctions, sextiles, squares, trines, and oppositions. The planets I work with: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.