The Changing Moon this Week
The Moon sets the emotional tone as she moves through the Zodiac day-to-day. It takes approximately 28 days to traverse the entire Zodiac. Learning to work with this rhythm will help you align with and relax into an easier flow with the Universe. The luminous Moon spends approximately 2 ½ days in each sign before she moves on to the next.
The week begins with the Moon in stable slow-moving Taurus. Each month as the Moon passes through this Fixed Earth sign, she accepts the task of calming and settling us after the Moon rages through Aries. When the Moon is in Taurus your mind will calm down in response to your body. This is a great time to give or get a massage, weed the garden, prepare food, or work on an art project.
At 9:24 PM EDT on Monday the Moon enters curious, communicative Gemini where she remains until Thursday morning. As a Mutable Air sign, Gemini encourages curiosity and a desire to engage in simple, lively, and interesting conversations. Gathering information and exploring numerous ideas are good activities with the Moon in Gemini. Contact friends and neighbors for lighthearted conversations. The Moon continues through this active talkative sign until Thursday morning.
By Thursday morning the Moon has had enough intellectual stimulation in Gemini and slips into Cancer at 9:51 AM EDT. As we move toward the New Moon on Friday night, we are in the Dark of the Moon, a time for inner contemplation.
With the Moon in Cancer, you find your attention turning to love, comfort, family, and fierce protection. Other than your deep connections with family and loved ones, give yourself time alone for inner contemplation. The New Moon at 18degrees Cancer is exact at 9:17 PM EDT on Friday.
The Moon remains in Cancer until she enters Leo Saturday night at 8:21 PM EDT. From now until Sunday seek fun times with friends. Enjoy playful self-expression. Find the friends you can be most authentically yourself with.
BY ALL MEANS SAY YES – Monday, July 5, 2021
The Moon begins the week in reliable easy-going Taurus. As the Moon passes through this Fixed Earth she does her best to calm us after the Moon’s passage through the high strung restless sign of Aries.
Use your body to calm your emotional system, engage all your senses. Focus your attention on the experience of living immersed in your physical body. If at all possible get outdoors, take off your shoes, and absorb the energy of the earth into your body. Listen and pay attention to the songs that the birds and the trees are singing. The earth is sending messages, they are particularly clear today. Pay attention to information that comes through sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound.
At 3:14 PM EDT, the Cancer Sun forms a sextile aspect (60 degrees) to Uranus. You will feel this influence for several days. Anticipate a greater than average desire for freedom. Look for opportunities to express your longing for independence and self-expression. It will be easier than usual to ask for whatever you may fancy no matter how odd your desire may seem to others. You may see the world from a different perspective than others and are willing to show up with your eccentric nature on display.
Something outside your comfort zone may call to you. Go ahead. Step forward.
At 9:42 PM EDT, the Moon enters Gemini bringing your mind to attention, waking you from the slower pace of the past few days. Over the next few days, you will have full access to mental resourcefulness and curiosity.
_The Taurus Moon is void-of-course from 12:57 PM EDT until she enters Gemini at 9:24 PM EDT. This suggests that what occurs during this time will not have much impact._
MENTAL CONFUSION & LONELINESS – Tuesday, July 6, 2021
CHANGE IS COMING – Wednesday, July 7, 2021
A TIME TO BREAK FREE – Thursday, July 8, 2021
Get any gossip or light chatter out of the way early before the Moon leaves Gemini. At 9:51 AM EDT, she enters Cancer turning your attention to emotional considerations of family and loved ones. With the Moon in Cancer, your feelings are close to the surface, leaving you vulnerable and fiercely protective in the coming days.
At 3:25 PM EDT transiting Venus forms a challenging square aspect to Uranus. This is stressful and often reflects events that may be unusual, unexpected, and even shocking. Keep your eyes on the local, national, and world news over the next few days. This tension will likely be reflected in the headlines.
Personally, you or your partner may act in ways that seem irrational and unhelpful. It may feel that the relationship itself is at stake. There may also be unexpected changes regarding finances.
This is not a good time to try to solve disagreements. Neither of you will want to compromise and are likely to dig in your heels. Impulsive decisions may cause unexpected problems. Hold your horses and slow down. Don’t try to fix things and don’t spend money you hadn’t already planned to spend.
Enough about what not to do! This is a great time to break free of a personal pattern of behavior that has held you hostage. It is a great time to make an exciting change to your appearance. It is also a great time to meet or get to know someone with a very different personal or cultural perspective to your own. You can learn something surprising and delightful that may change your forward path.
_The Gemini Moon is void-of-course from 12:20 AM EDT until she enters Cancer at 9:51 AM EDT. This suggests that what occurs during this time will not have much impact._
Learn more about how the planetary cycles impact you!
Support Astrolore while learning more about yourself, astrology, and how the planetary cycles impact your life. If you value these daily/weekly posts help keep this newsletter consistent and free by supporting Astrolore on Patreon.
As a Parton, you will receive monthly videos of Jennie and Laurie discussing each New and Full Moon, along with explorations of famous people’s charts (Astro-biographies) and an exclusive Patreon only video where I discuss the monthly cycles and how they impact your personal chart/life.
CANCER NEW MOON – PLANT A SEED OF FIERCE PROTECTION – Friday, July 9, 2021
Cancer New Moon Ritual
The Cancer New Moon is exact at 18° Cancer at 9:27 PM EDT July 9, 2021
As you consider the seed of new growth to plant at this New Moon, find the house that holds cancer in your horoscope. Cancer is the cardinal water sign bringing to attention the need to nurture, protect, and create a loving family or clan.
- If you have Aries Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 4th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the growth of love, support, and protection of your home and family. If values of nurturing and emotional support are not a part of your home/family dynamics, plant a seed that will support that change.
- If you have Taurus Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 3rd House. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop deep emotional sensitivity in communications. Perhaps you need to begin defending, protecting, or caring for your sibling(s). Plan a writing project, a speech, or a conversation with your sibling.
- If you have Gemini Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 2nd House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the growth of tender nurturing values. Spend money to support those you love most dearly. Open a savings account for your children or grandchildren.
- If you have Cancer Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 1st House. Plant a metaphorical seed for a renewed expression of self that shows your sensitivity as well as your strength. Allow others to see your caring protective personality.
- If you have Leo Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 12th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the growth of emotional intelligence and a loving understanding of your hidden nature. Begin a dream journal or determine to explore a symbolic language such as astrology or tarot.
- If you have Virgo Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 11th House. Plant a metaphorical seed to find, develop, or grow a nurturing, receptive, caring community. Invite like-minded folks to begin the conversation that may lead to creating a community to protect and serve all of you.
- If you have Libra Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 10th House. Plant a metaphorical seed to bring care, nurturing, and protection to the forefront of your career path. Begin updating your resume or plan your retirement if these values are not a focal part of your career.
- If you have Scorpio Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 9th House. Plant a metaphorical seed that will increase your sensitivity to the cultural realities of others outside your inner circle. Make a plan for a trip to visit family, begin creating a family tree, or research your family legacy.
- If you have Sagittarius Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 8th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for the sensitive defense of other people’s values. Have a tender and fiercely supportive conversation about deep issues. Find out someone else’s sensitivities around sex, death, or money.
- If you have Capricorn Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 7th House. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop emotionally supportive, tender, fiercely protective partnerships. Plan a heart-opening connection with your partner or closest confidant.
- If you have Aquarius Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 6th House. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop personal routines that support caring, defending, and protecting others. Consider how your emotions are impacted by your exercise, dietary, or spiritual routines. Start a daily practice that strengthens your emotional intelligence.
- If you have Pisces Rising the Cancer New Moon falls in your 5th House. Plant a metaphorical seed for bringing your open heart to your creative endeavors and all the ways in which you give love to others. Find a way to express deep caring, support, and love to your children and grandchildren. Support your own emotional nature with a new creative project.