The end of 2022 comes into clear view
What a year it has been. Here are a few thoughts from the Maine Old Cemetary Association Newsletter for the end of 2022:
“What I want is so simple I almost can’t say it: elementary kindness.” – Barbara Kingsolver“The simplest acts of kindness are more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” – Mahatma Ghandi“Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” – Brian Tracy“For it is in giving that we receive.” – St. Francis of Assisi
DEEP POWERFUL EMOTIONS
Monday, December 19, 2022
The Moon begins the week in sultry mysterious Scorpio. Scorpio is the Fixed Water sign and favors intense and powerful emotional depths. This can suggest a day of going inward to better understand yourself or making profoundly deep connections with others.
Working on this level requires that you be honest with yourself and others. This is not easy while the Moon is in this self-protective, sign. Your preference may be to go underground and keep your emotions private.
It may be difficult to show vulnerability but if you are able to, you will come to understand the profound strength that can be developed. If you are unable or unwilling to go deep, time alone may be your best bet.
Clarify your deepest desires and be vulnerable and trustworthy.
RECONNECT TO COURAGEOUS EXPANSION
Tuesday, December 20, 2022
The Moon continues through Scorpio keeping our emotions in a state of depth and vulnerability. When the Moon is in this powerful sign your emotions may be difficult to face head-on, due to the deep places they lead you. You may choose to go underground and keep those emotions private or share them with vulnerability.
At 9:32 AM ET, Jupiter enters Aries where it will remain for the next 5 months (entering Taurus on May 16, 2023). During the current cycle, Jupiter first entered Aries on May 10, 2022. It remained in Aries until October 28, 2022, when it backed into Pisces, where it has been until today.
- Knowing the house that holds ARIES in your chart will show you where the expansion of Jupiter is asking you to take COURAGEOUS ACTION.
- Aries: Jupiter enters your 1st house. Expand your personal development and expand your personality
- Taurus: Jupiter enters your 12th house. Take action to understand your inner unconscious patterns of behavior
- Gemini: Jupiter enters your 11th house. Boldly expand your role in a community
- Cancer: Jupiter enters your 10th house. Step into brave new territory directions in your professional life
- Leo: Jupiter enters your 9th house. Open your mind to bold new ideas regarding your worldview, travel, or gain an education
- Virgo: Jupiter enters your 8th house. Increase your understanding of personal boundaries necessary to navigate the values of others
- Libra: Jupiter enters your 7th house. Expand your understanding of autonomy and cooperation in your most intimate relationships
- Scorpio: Jupiter enters your 6th house. Implement new and adventurous ways to engage your self-care and health routine
- Sagittarius: Jupiter enters your 5th house. Embrace the expansion of your creativity with newfound enthusiasm
- Capricorn: Jupiter enters your 4th house. Expand your understanding of your roots, your family, and your home
- Aquarius: Jupiter enters your 3rd house. Boldly expand your ability to use the power of your voice
- Pisces: Jupiter enters your 2nd house. Take courageous action to affirm your self-worth and ability to increase money and resources
Jupiter represents expanding and widening horizons, opportunities, and understanding. Jupiter in Aries makes our desire for growth very personal and focused on each individual’s drive for self-fulfillment. Jupiter’s time in Pisces has been a time of dreaming, resting, and grieving. Now, as Jupiter blasts forward into Aries, consider the dream you are ready to take action on. Jupiter takes 12 years to move through the Zodiac. The last time Jupiter entered Aries was in June 2010. What can thinking back to that time tell you about what to expect as Jupiter now returns to that path?
DECEMBER SOLSTICE – THE SUN WILL RETURN
Wednesday, December 21, 2022
At 2:13 AM ET, the Moon enters Sagittarius lightening our mood considerably. When the Moon is in Sagittarius we are looking for inspiration, growth, and adventure. We are adaptable and able to shift direction. Share your visions and insights with others over the next few days.
At 4:48 PM ET, we reach the December Solstice. This is the moment that the Sun enters Capricorn. In the northern hemisphere, this marks the longest night and the shortest day of the year. In the southern hemisphere, this is the shortest night and the longest day.
Today, we step into Winter even as the Sun begins its return. In the coming days and weeks, we gain a bit of daylight each day.
With the Sun now in Capricorn, your attention will turn to practical accomplishments and ambition. Capricorn pushes us to face our responsibilities, boundaries, and limits. While the Sun is in Capricorn, slow down and focus on long-term goals that will have tangible results.
At 7:50 PM ET, the Capricorn Sun forms a challenging square aspect to Jupiter in Aries. You may find that you want to say yes to everything today, to bite off more than you can chew. Approach everything with an eye to boundaries and not overdoing, overcommitting, or overspending. Do not over-extend your abilities or your resources. Balance is the key to all things today. Watch any tendencies toward self-righteousness or arrogance.
TURN AWAY FROM THE ORDINARY
Thursday, December 22, 2022
With the Moon remaining in Sagittarius today, your focus is on higher understanding and philosophical growth. and the desire for travel and higher learning. This mutable fire sign Moon provides a sense of humor and the desire for adventure. You may feel restless as you contemplate where to find answers to the big life questions of meaning, implications, and significance. The meaning of life is a Sagittarius concern.
At 4:47 AM ET Venus forms a flowing trine aspect to Uranus. Relationship dynamics bring excitement and change. An unexpected gift or even a windfall could come your way. Connections with others may take an unexpected turn away from the ordinary. Your relationships are open to an unusual shift in focus or direction. Positive and exciting opportunities for love or money may come your way. Look for an unusual flow of excitement. Venus’ impact as a transiting planet is relatively brief. You can expect the influence to last for approximately 24 – 48 hours.
Enjoy this lovely connection. Spend time with new and old friends alike. Be willing to open your mind and heart to new ideas. Do not follow the ordinary path today.
CAPRICORN NEW MOON – PLANT A SEED OF AMBITION
Friday, December 23, 2022
At 2:50 AM ET the Moon enters Capricorn pushing you toward more practical considerations over the coming days. The focus of the next few days will be on your solitary ambitions and serious concerns. Capricorn is the cardinal earth sign, ruled by Saturn and represented by the solitary mountain goat. This is a sensible hard-working sign that keeps us focused on personal ambition, mature efforts, and hard work. You will be able to accomplish a lot in the next few days.
The New Moon is exact at 1° Capricorn at 5:16 AM EST. Each New Moon is the start of the lunar cycle, offering a fresh start for the month-long lunar cycle and the full-year cycle of the seasons. At the New Moon, we are asked to plant a metaphorical seed that will grow over the two overlapping cycles involved. Each New Moon is followed by two weeks of growth as the Moon gets slightly larger each day, culminating at the Full Moon. This cycle’s Full Moon occurs on January 6th at 16 degrees Cancer. The year-long cycle comes to full illumination at the Capricorn Full Moon on July 3, 2023.
Capricorn New Moon Ritual
Serious, Ambitious, Hardworking, Strong, & Solitary
Perform your ritual within 24 hours of the New Moon, do not do the ritual before the New Moon. Determine where this New Moon falls in your personal astrology chart. This is determined by your rising sign or ascendant. If you know your rising sign, you can find the house the New Moon falls in. With that information you know where to plant a seed for new growth in your life. If you do not know your rising sign, read for your Sun Sign or simply go on instinct. Consider where you feel the need to take responsibility and face serious renewal.
The Capricorn New Moon suggests this is the time to plant a seed of integrity, ambition, and structured effort. Plant a metaphorical seed in the area of your life indicated by the house that holds Capricorn in your chart. Write down where you would like to see yourself grow in integrity and seriousness over the next 2 weeks. You can extend that desired growth to the next 6 months.
Have two candles available. Light the first to represent yourself, as you are now. Light the second candle as inspiration for the change you want to create during this cycle. Take a moment to focus on your intention as you light each candle.
Imagine drawing the change you desire toward you as you physically bring the two candles just a bit closer together. Do this each day. When you are done with the ritual blow out the candles and perform the same ritual each day for two weeks. At the Cancer Full Moon on January 6, 2023, you will bring the candles together and they will touch for the first time.
Now you see clearly and acknowledge what you have created. The energy you infuse into this cycle also begins the full-year cycle which reaches full illumination at the Capricorn Full Moon on July 3, 2023.
- If you have Aries Rising this Capricorn New Moon falls in your 10th house of career and reputation. Carefully consider your career ambitions as you plant a metaphorical seed to strengthen integrity along your vocational path.
- If you have Taurus Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 9th house of higher understanding, worldview, and education. Plant a metaphorical seed to increase your mature understanding of wisdom traditions and culture.
- If you have Gemini Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 8th house of other people’s values and shared resources. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop mature boundaries that increase your ability to navigate intensity in relationships.
- If you have Cancer Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 7th house of close and equal partnerships. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop greater stability, maturity, and integrity within these significant relationships.
- If you have Leo Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 6th house of routines, health, and habitual life patterns. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop realistic and disciplined routines of self-care that will support your health and daily practices.
- If you have Virgo Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 5th house of creativity and Love given. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop maturity, integrity, and ambition on your serious path of creativity.
- If you have Libra Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 4th house of home and family. Plant a metaphorical seed to follow a path of maturity, responsibility, and integrity within your home and in your relationships with family members.
- If you have Scorpio Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 3rd house of communication and curiosity. Plant a metaphorical seed to deepen your integrity and understanding of the seriousness of your voice and the impact of your words.
- If you have Sagittarius Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 2nd house of self-worth, money, and resources. Plant a metaphorical seed of integrity regarding the use of money and personal resources, understanding the impact on your self-worth.
- If you have Capricorn Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 1st house of Self and personal expression. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop a disciplined and accomplished sense of self and a mature expression of self.
- If you have Aquarius Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 12th house of hidden affairs, intuition, and symbolic understanding. Plant a metaphorical seed to develop a serious understanding of the gifts hidden within your deep unconscious and the mystery of symbols.
- If you have Pisces Rising the Capricorn New Moon falls in your 11th house of community and Love received. Plant a metaphorical seed to grow a community of disciplined, responsible, and like-minded folks that will support your ambitions.
Astrolore Gift Certificates make great gifts for yourself and your loved ones
“I found our session incredibly helpful. It was exactly the guidance that I needed and it corresponded with other personal work that I’ve been doing. Your recorded reading gave me exactly the kind of information that I was hoping for. I’m very grateful for your time and I look forward to having more sessions with you in the future”. – K.P. Virginia
A RECEPTIVE MIND
Saturday, December 24, 2022
As the Moon passes through Capricorn the prevailing mood is cautious, determined, and prudent, wise, but cautious. This is a sensible hard-working sign that keeps us focused on solitary ambition and mature efforts. Keep to the point and keep it serious.
Take advantage of today’s Capricorn Moon to take care of issues that you have been procrastinating on. Spend time early in the day considering the accomplishments necessary to build a stable and secure future. You can get a good start on accomplishing those things today, move in that direction.
At 8:17 PM ET, Mercury sextile Neptune relaxes your mind from any recent anxiety. The judgments within your mind relax and you feel more compassion and sympathy for others. Being more understanding and receptive will help you deliver necessary communication in a way that others will be receptive to.
LOOK OBJECTIVELY BEYOND YOURSELF
Sunday, December 25, 2022
At 2:14 AM ET the Moon moves from one Saturn-ruled sign to another. In traditional astrology, Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius. As the day develops, question your responsibility to other humans and the culture at large. Stop listening to the opinions of others and explore your own unique perspective and understanding. When the Moon is in Aquarius you can step beyond what others think is right for you.
Spend time alone or with people who expand your mind, vision, and perspective. Be ready to think and talk about complex humanitarian issues. Consider how to contribute to the vision of a better world for all sentient life on our small planet. Your intellect is divorced from emotion at this time. You are able to look objectively beyond yourself.